THE SIDELINE EPISODE 6

POWERED BY GOONS9JA
My nightmarish Monday came but thank God it was a mess, though not totally. Half way into the first lecture, the cloud turned dark. 
The storm started gathering and before one could say Jack, the rain started pouring down in it heaviness. It rained so hard that we could barely hear the lecturer. He gave up after trying to raise his voice above the sound of the rain on the roof but still couldn’t. At the back of the class, I have already dismissed myself from the lecture as I was enjoying the rain from my sleep mode t the back.

Time check 3:30 pm and it was still raining though not heavy anymore. I needed to leave school ‘asap’ to fully enjoy the cold weather in the comfort of my room. But to go home, I need an umbrella if not I will be messed up before I get home. My department is not far from the female hostel, just a stone throw. 
I dialled Cindy to know if she could help me with an umbrella but got same old response. 
I dialledOge, but she was in her department and without an umbrella too. I was totally out of option, so I had to wait for the rain to stop.

Some 30minutes later, the rain subsided and I was like ‘thank God’. Outside, it was still drizzling a little but I was done staying in that classroom, its home straight for me. Few minutes outside my department, I was getting wet already and the drizzling has graduated to light shower. I increased my pace and at that moment, I started blaming myself for leaving my class.

As I walked on like a soldier, half walking and half running, a Toyota matrix passed and stopped ahead of me. The car turned to reverse coming towards me. I wasn’t in the mood for anybody to ask me any silly question or direction so I just walked pass the vehicle as I got to it. I did not even try to look at who was behind the staring. The driver honked at me as the car slowed down once again beside me. 


I wiped my wet face with my already wet handkerchief and turned towards the car. 
Lo and behold, behind the staring was Shania.

Huh! I was stunned and relieved at the same time. The glass went down and she asked
“You need a ride or are you enjoying the rain?”
“Yea I needed a ride like 5minutes ago but now am messed up already so you can go on ahead let me not wet your seat” I replied her.

“Your pride stinks and it is suffocating me already. Just get in here let me drop you, mr man” she said.

I opened the door and entered and as she eased the car into motion, the down pour started all over again.

“I guess you would have enjoyed this one” she said mockingly.

“Well thanks for saving my butt0ckz” I said looking away.

The downpour was heavy again as before so there was no chance for any chitty chat as she concentrated on her driving. She stopped at the junction from where I will trek to my house because the road from that junction to my lodge was being worked on, so it wasn’t motor able. I was feeling cold but since the rain didn’t want to subside, we chilled inside the car waiting unto the rain to stop.

“Is your house far from here?” she asked.
“Nah, just a little walk from here.”
“Well you owe me one for saving your prideful butt0ckz from this rain” she said smiling.

Laughs “Yea definitely, I owe you not just one but a lot” I said before asking, “You own the car?”
“Yea” she replied absent mindedly.

“You always come to school with it”
“Nah hardly. Just that I was caught up in the rain. I had 12 o,clock and I couldn’t use the umbrella from my lodge to my department so I decided to use it” she replied.

A peep at my time showed it 6:30pm already.
“I think I have to start going. Thanks for the ride” I appreciated.

“Ha!! But it is still raining, why not wait a little” she said.

“Its ok, am wet already so I will just have to jug from here”
“If you insist, but instead of jogging, you can use that” she said pointing to the umbrella at the back seat.

“Since there is an umbrella, why not come with me let me offer you something.”
“No don’t worry, maybe next time. Let me not stress you upon this” she said gesturing at my wet self.

“Well in that case, I don’t think I will be using the umbrella”
“Why? So because I don’t want to go with you to your house, you won’t use the umbrella? She asked looking surprised.

“Yes, if I take the umbrella it will be 2 to nil. So since I owe you a lot already, I think I should start paying back instead of incurring more debt” I answered her.

“Hmmm!! Ok you win, let’s go” she said smiling.

“Now you are a good girl” I said as we both laughed.

We both alighted from the car. The umbrella wasn’t that wide, but I made sure to cover her well while I was left half exposed to the rain. Believe me beautiful girls can give guys rep. We walked to my lodge amidst admiration from shop owners and people taking shed in their shop.

Inside my room, I offered her a seat and rushed into the bathroom to change. Five minutes later, I came out and asked her what I would her.

“What do you have?” she asked.

“I have yoghurt, Mc Dowels, water and Lipton, so which do you want” I asked.

“Abeg give me yoghurt.”Must Read: Campus Dilema (18+)… - Season 1 - Episode 6
“Why not Mc Dowels, its cold you know” I said smiling.

“Yea I know, but since I will be driving, I don’t think I need that now.”
“For real, do you drink” I asked surprised.

She gave me the ‘do I look like a kid to you’ look before she answered. “Yea I do, but it’s when am in the mood. So don’t act like you can drink more than I do.”
“Kids don’t talk about drinks, so just chill and drink your yoghurt. I offered her a pack of yoghurt with cup and settled for the Mc Dowels.

“You have challenged me twice over two days now, but don’t worry, on a very good day we shall see”. She said sipping her drink.

“I can’t wait” I replied laughing.
We kept talking about stuffs till some minutes to eight o’clock when she left. I walked her down and waited till her tail light disappeared before going back to my apartment.
PLEASE LIKE OUR PAGE ON 9jagoons on facebook if you care FOR US

No comments

Hey Guys