THE SIDELINE EPISODE 4

POWERED BY GOONS9JA
“Hi guys” I greeted as I got to them. Shania turned and heaved that kind of thank God sigh also hugging me at the same time. The dude just stood there looking at us. I was surprised at her action with the whole hugging thing. 
I hailed the dude again stretching out my hand for a hand shake which he reciprocated.

“Sorry bro, I guess she is your babe” he said. Before I could utter any response, Shania took over and started with intro 101.

“Stranger meet my boyfriend and sweetheart meet mr stranger’ she said flashing a set of white teeth with a beautiful smile to the dude.

“Guy you must be a very lucky……….” The dude started to say before Shania cut him off.

“Yea, he knows he is lucky and if you don’t mind we will like to go now” she said pulling my hand as she walked away. I looked at the dude and saw embarrassment written all over him. I drew Shania back gently for a proper introduction.

“My guy am Purity and she is Shania. Don’t mind her, she is my friend and not the other way round” I said to the dude.

“I’m Dave”, he said stretching out his hands once again, “and nice to meet you two.” he continued. Shania smiled and apologized for her rude behavior.

“Am actually going to have some drink inside, hope you guys don’t mind if we share a table” he said looking at us.

“It would have been a pleasure, but we ain’t going in(Shania looked at me). But if you don’t mind, let’s do this another day. I said to the guy.

“No probs, next time then” he said handing out a complimentary card to me. He took my contact before we parted. I hailed a cab with Shania looking strangely at me. I told the cab man to drop us at Chitis.

We got to Chitis and coincidentally the table I occupied with Cindy on Saturday was empty. 


I led Shania to the table and we settled at the table placing our orders when the waiter arrived.

“So why did you change the venue all of a sudden?” she asked.

“Nothing much, just didn’t want to stay there anymore” I replied looking away.

She laughed before asking “Or you think I have got something up my sleeves”
“Do you?” I asked looking her in the eye balls. She stared at me without saying anything before the waiter arrived with our order. She made to pay the bill but I refused.

“This meeting was my idea so I got the bill.”
She said trying to persuade me to allow her pay the bill.

“This meeting might be your idea, but the time and venue was mine so allow me to do what I have got to do.” I said and paid the waiter and she left. I served her drink and did same to myself. I took a bite from the meatpie before asking her.

“So do you recognize this table?”
“Yea I do, that was where you sat and here was the girl you came with” she replied giving me the ‘you think I don’t know why you brought me here’ smile.

I still had that doubt that she is a bait. But on the other hand I asked myself. “Why will Cindy try to set me up?” it’s not like we are dating already. I decided to keep Cindy away for the time being.

“So to what do I owe this whole thing” I asked her.

“Nothing much” she said and continued. “Just want to be your friend. Well the truth is listening to you, how you listened to the girl while she talked, how you talked, laughed and your calmness and composure, I couldn’t help but get attracted to you”
With her boldness I felt more awkward like something was definitely fishy.

“Wow! All this for me” I said while we both laughed. “Thanks Shania, but I didn’t seem to notice you yesterday. Who did you come with and were where you seated?” I asked.

“I came with myself and I was seated right behind you” she replied smiling.

“Well the girl I came with is my girlfriend” I said looking away.

She laughed before saying “Dude am no kid.

And I know first date when I see one, so please don’t play she is my girlfriend card with me.”
Shania looks free spirited and straight forward.

I don’t know what has been happening between me and beautiful girls. First was Oge, then Precious, now its Cindy and Shania. Shania is not just beautiful and endowed, she smells stinking rich. Yes rich but very humble. She was in English department, 3rd year. As we left the café I said to her.

“Shania, I like your personality and from now I think we are friends already. But I don’t think we can go beyond that. Am trying to see if I can build something with Cindy, the girl you saw me with yesterday.”
She heaved a sigh before she said “Purity you know what?”
“What? Tell me” I replied.

“Stop getting me attracted to you with your sincerity. Keep up with that, and you will have more of me coming your way” she said and we both laughed.

“You are funny and believe me, I feel honored that a beauty like you wants to be my friend.

Truth be told, I can’t walk up to you on a normal day and ask you out” I said as we waited for a cab.

“Why?” she asked looking surprised.

“Who wan collect slap” I replied as we both laughed.

“Maybe from this you can see how lonely I am. Purity do you know that I don’t get up to 3 guys asking me out in one month, and when I do, it will be those lusting after my body or other things.” She said with pain showing in her voice.Must Read: Campus Dilema (18+)… - Season 1 - Episode 5

No comments

Hey Guys